Wednesday, July 18, 2012

All right.....

So here is the deal. I have been riding a bit but not too much. I planned on doing some races in the last 2 months but they came and went. The first one that I was serious about turned into a very bad day.  The night before our sweet little black lab, Abby, had a sore on her elbow that had progressed from a small lump in the morning to a huge, hot lump. We had been treating her for lymphoma so knew that infection was a risk. We brought her to the vet and started her on some anti-biotics. The next morning I got up early to go to the race, but 1) it was raining and 2) Abby would not get up and out from under the bed. Her temp was 104.5 and she was super lethargic, HR was changing from 180's to 120's erratically. I could see the writing on the wall. Kristen asked if I thought Abby would come back from the vet when we took her there after they opened. I did not think so. So her passing made me pretty sad for a while.
 Sleeping on the couch.

She did not like cameras so we dont have a whole bunch on pictures. After this picture was taken she got up and moved to the bedroom. Rest in peace LBD. We do have a new sweet little dog, Georgia, who came here from Georgia. She is absolutely hillarious. Pictures to follow.

After this episode, I got a bee in my bonet to buy a motorcycle again. After much looking around from 650cc to 750cc I ended up purchasing a BMW R1150GS. Its pretty fun riding though the hills. I used it to recon some new roadbike rides up in"Them there hills." much faster recon than looking at a map. just ride up there and check it out. I also purchased a 2x2 bike rack for the motorcycle so I can take my MTB up to trailheads in the mountains. This arrived to otherday and I installed it today. Its really pretty slick. I mounted the SS on it to see how easy it was to mount the bike, and its realitively simple. I was wondering about the front tire mount but it feels pretty solid when it gets locked down. I will post some pictures as I take them.

Maiden Voyage


Race plans-- Well, I am pretty motived to ride in the Sage 24hr race in gunnison, solo. I have very little expectations except to have fun. I have a volunteer to be my support. It is the weekend of Aug 18-19th. I have not had any long MTB rides, but now I have some transportation up there, soooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment