Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Intervals, Intervals, Intervals

Well lets see. I have been following my Coaches plan pretty closely. The main thing that I have been doing is intervals. Getting more repetitions as the weeks progress. They aren't that bad really, except for the first one. The first one is usually pretty bad, but after that I can get into a groove, the pain is less intense and not as bad of a shock to the system. I did a lactate threshold test to determine my zones for training, the numbers were not very impressive but everybody is different. I was talking to a friend who knows Ned Overend and he said that Ned didn't have spectacular numbers, but that guy smoked everybody. Still does. So I am ok with the numbers. We shall see if the results follow. Today was a variable intensity ride with climbs so I went out to the Colorado Trail and rode some single track. Oh Boy, single track is so nice and up there is wonderful. The smell of the dirt and the pine trees. Nothing like it. According to STRAVA I got some PR's today on the climbs, I dont have alot of data points but I am pretty sure that I have only done that climb on my geared bikes so I am pleased.




















What a beautiful day. Its supposed to snow tonight, go figure.

Last week the race on Ridgeline was postponed to this past Saturday. I was working so was unable to attend. I am ok with this due to the fact that I had only been working with Coach for a week at that time. The next race is this weekend, Saturday. Battle the Bear. I am stoked to test myself. Ill let yall know what happens.

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment