Saturday, April 6, 2013

What a Great Day on the Bike.

Today was beautiful. I rode my singlespeed out to Bear Lake State Park from home. 11miles on bike path then two glorious loops on dirt and back home again. Grand Total of 44miles and 2100 feet of climbing.  I was averaging 13.5mph on the pavement out to the trail and was happy to see that my speed did not slow when I hit the dirt. I felt awesome when I rode up the climbs on the dirt also. I was remembering when we raced out there how bad that 6th lap felt on the climbs. I could barely turn the cranks over on that last lap. I feel that I am much better conditioned this year. I have been on the bike for more longer rides than before. I made a batch of energy bars before I left and they were perfect. Not too sweet but moist and tasty, easy to swallow. These are definitely the way to go, after the initial investment of supplies, about $30, I spent $1 today. Not bad for the equivalent of 18 clif bar type bars. And I know exactly whats in them.

Earlier this week I heard back from the cycling coach that I asked to be my coach. She said that she would take me on. She sent me a list of questions along with the waiver and contract. The Questions are interesting and kind of surprising in many ways. What do you feel you are good at on the bike? What do you feel that you are bad at on the bike? What breaks your confidence on the bike? I didn't think that I would have to think when I hired a coach. I am looking forward to answering the questions, there is about 25 of them.

Strava.  I really like the program but I cant get good mapping unless I keep my screen on all of the time.  Every time I have the screen lock or time out it interferes with the GPS.  Anybody else have that problem?

Anyways, hope everybody is having fun on the bike. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you run any updates? Firmware? I had one I bought 2 years ago and it broke flying off the windshield and landed going 65mph on the highway. The new one hasnt had any issues at all. I miss a few "old" segments, but everything else is spot on. I think they made some upgrades to the GPS unit inside the head unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the reply. I have the program on my Droid x2. Are there updates for Strava. Also I am still using the Freeware. Actually, I'm going to get the paid software after I finish this reply and see if it just works better. Do you use a phone or a GPS device? Well first I will read your Blind Date blog. Good luck at the Bakers.

    ReplyDelete