Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Headed to Panama.

Unfortunately without my bike, however I will try to find one to ride at least once. Need to document it on Strava of course.

I am headed to Panama with a group of Operation Walk. I will be a PACU nurse taking care of patients that have just had knees and hips replaced. I am soooo looking forward to it. I havent written in this blog for almost two years but thought that things were looking pretty interesting so here we go.

I will post some pictures when I am in Panama doing this gig. I will be working some pretty top notch surgeons, MD's, Nurses and other personnel. This group has been doing this for 9years, I think, and they have been generous enough to invite me this year. We will be there for 7days, helping 65 people or so. 75 Joints.

On a Biking point, I am planning on riding across Colorado in 6days. Stats; 625 miles, 40k feet of climbing. August 8-13. I am taking two friends, Marshall and Dan. I hope they are up to the task, I need the company. I have putting in some big climbing days to build the legs, not fast, just climbing. I will have this week off in Panama then Ill get some more climbing days in. There is a challenge in Strava now for 9k meters in the month of April. with my ride yesterday my total is now 8833meters. I hope to get a few in Panama to hit the mark before I return. We shall see, Ill post some pictures here of the trip. Check back if your interested.

Craig.

PS. There is a link to the OpWalk donation page if you are interested in helping with the cause. You may have to cut and paste the whole address into your browser.

http://www.givingzone.com/project/LB0qDQ7IB1/opwalk-denver-panama-april-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment