Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rest week

This week was somewhat of a rest week.  By that I mean I was working alot. No riding for me since last Thursday. I did however receive my new tires and my Passport. (Side note- The passport office here in Denver is great; professional personel, efficient and curtious. USPS on the other hand....).  I had had a few hours on Sunday to install the tires.
While inspecting the rims, I noticed this.  The white jagged line radiating from the valve stem hole is a crack, three inches in each direction. This is on both the front and the back rims. This necessitated a trip to the bike store and I was not feeling to good about my options since the rims are about 8years old. Bike shop informed me the next day that the damage would be about 390.00 for each wheel. OUCH. His advice- dont do it. He said he would sell me some wheels that were on sale, that were better, stronger and lighter. I shopped around and this is the best deal going. I ordered them today and will have them Thursday. Denver Bike Source- These guys are very professional and recommend there service.

I leave for Fruita and Moab on Friday. Great place for a maiden voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment