Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Made it.

Hello all.  Well I made it here without problems. I did have to rearrange the bike that I packed 3 times at home, in the middle of DIA. The airline did not know how much to charge me for shipping, then said that the bike could not go since the box was over 50lbs. Could not go. If it was a bag it could with a fee but not a bike. Then after my lovely wife helped me repack, they said never mind, they talked to a different person who said that it would not be a problem. Oh well. I am here, so is my bike and we are both safe. The picture above is looking down at cape town. We rode up here after I landed and got the bike together to flush out the DVT's and what not from the flight. Today after waking up, Mel and I got our stuff together and hiked up Table Mt.
This view is of Mel about halfway up the Mt. It was climbing with all four limbs, and at times straight up. Very fun but I think my legs will be a bit sore in the AM. Mel just let me know that we will be sea kayaking in the morning out to Robin Island, where Nelson Mandela was kept for 27yrs. How cool is that? Afterwards probably go for a ride. The views that I have seen are absolutely beautiful. I have seen the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic ocean, from the same spot. Above Mel is viewing the Atlantic ocean, behind him is the Indian Ocean. I feel good the weather is great, I am very excited.

I want to say happy anniversary to my bride. 18 years of marriage. I love you honey.

Short entry but I am beat and need to get up early. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment