Saturday, April 16, 2016

Fwd: Day three, big day.

> So to start day three I will back up to day two. Last night, I was talking to a pre-operative patient about his surgery that was to be today. I asked how long his knee hurt, he said many years. I asked what he did for a living and he said agriculture. I asked "you drive a tractor?" He laughed, "No, no tractor. I use a machete."
>
> So what do we do down here? This guy will be able to work in his field, walking and working his machete. I felt this statement very poignant. Differences between cultures.....
>
> Today was busy. Trent and I were working  out the kinks in PACU. It was actually very smooth. We work well together. The native nurses are very helpful and I am getting a great Spanish workout. We did 15 surgeries today, of which 4 were bilateral.
>
> Trabaja fuerte. Which apparently doesn't translate as slang here to strong work.
>
> Craig
>
> Pics are problematic. I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment