Thursday, April 21, 2016

The End of the trip.

So yesterday wasn't as early. I set the alarm for 6am, so I could sit and drink some coffee before going to the hospital at 7. Most of the patients had gone home already, I think there were 13 left. We did labs In the morning, then I finished packing the PACU as Trent helped fill in the holes for everybody else. In total 11 pts were discharged or ready for discharging by the time Miranda left at 11 or so. Miranda and Jena had things covered from a nursing standpoint so Miranda sent the rest of us to the hotel at 10. One of the many great success stories of this trip was this lady. She had knees that were damaged so bad that when she walked her shins went sideways about 35degrees. Her knees were so complicated that Dr Dennis decided to do one knee one day and the next knee the next day. She went home the following day on tylenol and tramadol. The Physical Therapist working with her asked if she wanted to do her last session in her shoes and the patient said that she didn’t own any. Carol, the PT, then gave her the shoes off of her feet.


I gave her the Colorado Rockies hat.
I'm gonna pause here to say that I am not too sure about the times, things are blending together a bit. I am writing this on the plane, flying to Denver. I thought I would do it while it was still "fresh" in my mind. So much for that.

So anyways we sat by the pool when we got back for an hour or so then we had a beach trip to the gulf. A resort reserved for the team. We work hard then we play hard! Beautiful place for the end of the trip. The view to the south was lush mountains on the left and the sunset on the right. It was perfect timing. From left to right. Clouds wrapping and cascading over the peaks of the mountains, the surf was gently crashing on the sand, the sun falling slowly to the horizon. 



Everybody enjoyed each other's company and conversations were easy. Just a bunch of people sharing a passion of giving of their selves to others.
Trent and I talked Monday evening about what went well and what we could improve upon. Unusual for me, I wrote the ideas down instead of relying on my memory. Soon Miranda will get us all together and we will all do the same thing. Looking forward to the next trip!!!


Our hotel from across the street, Hilton Princess.

A community on the way to the beach.

The last day of morning rounds.

Parting shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment